Beat Saber Update 1.82 has been released for all platforms and is now available for download on PC. The update brings several bug fixes, improvements, and patch notes. The file size may vary depending on the gaming platform you are using. So if you’re playing Beat Saber, make sure to update to version 1.82 to experience the latest enhancements and fixes.
Beat Saber Update 1.82: Detailed Patch Notes
Added: Explicit lyrics toggle
- In this update, we have included a new feature that allows players to toggle explicit lyrics on or off. This feature gives players more control over the content they are exposed to while playing the game.
Tweaked: Prevention of stutters on certain platforms when loading save files
- We understand the importance of smooth gameplay experiences, which is why we have made tweaks to the way save files are loaded. This prevents stutters that were previously occurring on certain platforms, ensuring a more seamless and enjoyable gaming experience.
Fixed: Filtering by characteristics not working
- Previously, there was an issue where players were unable to filter songs by characteristics. We have addressed this problem and the filtering feature now works as intended, allowing players to easily find songs based on their preferred characteristics.
Fixed: Quickplay lobby menu language inconsistency
- When a player changed the language settings from any language to another, they previously encountered an issue where the “All” and “Built-in” labels in the Quickplay lobby menu remained in the previously selected language. We have rectified this issue, and the labels now correctly reflect the selected language, providing a smoother transition for players.
Fixed: Multiplayer menu glitch when attempting to navigate the “Confirm Kick” menu
- There was an irritating glitch that occurred when the host user tried to press the back arrow while the “Confirm Kick” menu was open. This glitch caused the multiplayer menus to disappear temporarily, leaving the user stuck. We have fixed this glitch to ensure smooth navigation and uninterrupted multiplayer experiences.
Fixed: Placeholder text appearing in song selection screen
- Previously, players experienced an issue where the placeholder text “SongPackMasksModel+LocalizedText” appeared on the “All Songs” or “Favorites” screen when they selected the “Filter By Music Pack” option in Filters. This text would also appear when selecting either “All” or “Built-In” options. We have resolved this issue, and the correct song information will now be displayed without any placeholder text.
Fixed: Queen Music Pack score deletion inconsistency
- We have addressed an issue specific to the Queen Music Pack, where not all scores were being deleted in the “All Time” and “Today” sections when players selected the “Clear” option in Party mode. With this fix, scores will now be properly cleared, providing accurate leaderboards for players.
Fixed: Inability to remove favorited music pack songs on a different account
- Previously, if a player was logged into another account that did not own a specific music pack, they were unable to remove favorited songs from that pack. This issue has been resolved, allowing players to remove favorited songs regardless of the account they are logged into.
Fixed: Audio corruption in Fall Out Music Pack
- Players encountered an audio corruption issue with the crowd sound effects in the Fall Out Music Pack when the “Super Fast Song” modifier was enabled. We have addressed this issue, and players can now enjoy the Music Pack without any audio disturbances.
Fixed: Lack of 3D spatialization for sound effects during gameplay
- During gameplay, all sound effects such as hits, misses, and bombs were playing without 3D spatialization, resulting in a less immersive audio experience. We have fixed this issue, and now players will experience the full spatialization of sound effects, enhancing the overall gameplay immersion.
Fixed: Loading screen stuck when creating a new Beatmap
- Players previously encountered a frustrating issue where they would get stuck on a loading screen when attempting to create a new Beatmap in the Level Editor. We have resolved this issue, allowing players to smoothly create new Beatmaps without any loading screen obstructions.
With these various fixes and adjustments in Beat Saber Update 1.82, players can expect an improved and more polished gaming experience.